- The U.S. Census Bureau lists Will County as one of the 100 largest counties by population in the nation…#89 as of 2016.
- The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) projects that Will County’s population will exceed 1.175 million by the year 2040, exceeding DuPage County projection of 1.104 million.
- Between 2000 and 2015, Will County added over 60,663 single-family dwelling units. (US Census Bureau)
- In 2015, Will County had a total personal income of $32.17 billion. This aggregate income ranked 4th in the state and accounted for 5% of the state total. (BEA)
- In 2015, Will County had a per capita personal income of $46,823, an increase of 6.7% from the previous year, and was 97% of the national average. (BEA)
- The average household income for 2017 is estimated to be $100,451 and project to increase to $107,880 in the next 5 years. (Nielsen)
- The number of Will County business establishments is approximately 16,078. (EMSI – Economic Modeling Specialists, Inc.)
- The total amount of industrial square footage in 2016 was 155,100,075.
- Will County is home to a number of higher education institutions: Joliet Junior College, Lewis University, Governor’s State University, University of Saint Francis, Rasmussen College, Devry University and St. Xavier University.
- Will County Demographic Snapshot
- Population by Municipaity
- Will County Residential Building Permits
- U.S. Census 2010 with interactive map and population search
- Illinois Census 2010
- American Community Search (ACS)
- Bearfacts from U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis
- U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics....date on Employment, Productivity,
- Price Indexes and Compensation. (Also includes average energy prices in the