Demographics & Facts
Will County, covering 850 square miles, is one of 102 counties in Illinois. It is part of the Chicago-Joliet-Naperville, IL-IN-WI Metropolitan Statistical Area. (BEA)
- Will County experienced a 37% population increase between 2000 and 2017, from 502,295 to 691,709. (EMSI)
- The U.S. Census Bureau lists Will County as one of the largest 100 counties by population in the nation - #89 as of 2017.
- The Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning (CMAP) projects that Will County's population will exceed 1.175 million by the year 2040,exceeding DuPage County projection of 1.104 million.
- The average household income for 2018 is estimated to be $104,873 and is projected to increase to $107,880 in the next 4 years. (Environics Analytics)
- As of December 2017 - 94% of the labor force is estimated to be employed; 22.8% hold blue collar occupations, 60.6% hold white collar occupations and 16.6% are occupied as service & farm workers.
- Between 2000 and 2015, Will County added over 60,663 single-family dwelling units; 1,152 were added in 2016 and 1,183 in 2017. (US Census Bureau)
- The number of Will County business establishments is approximately 14,952. (U.S. Census-American Fact Finder))
- The total amount of industrial square footage is 171,539,133 square feet within 1,905 buildings.
- Will County is home to a number of higher education institutions: Joliet Junior College, Lewis University, University of St. Francis, Governor's State University, Rasmussen College, DeVry University and St. Xavier University.
- The region has a civilian labor force of 356,40 with a participation rate of 69.1%. Of individuals 25-64, 35.7% have a bachelor's degree or higher which compares with 31.8% in the nation.
- Will County Demographic Snapshot
- Population by Municipaity
- Will County Residential Building Permits
- U.S. Census 2010 with interactive map and population search
- Illinois Census 2010
- American Community Search (ACS)
- Bearfacts from U.S. Dept. of Commerce, Bureau of Economic Analysis
- U.S. Dept. of Labor, Bureau of Labor Statistics....date on Employment, Productivity,
- Price Indexes and Compensation. (Also includes average energy prices in the